Reminders/Procedures for spectators 2020- Middle School
Please go over the following with your team/athletes as a group. In addition, please make sure this information is sent out to your parent group as well.
- Great Falls Public Schools in coordination with Cascade County Health Department has agreed to allow 3 spectators per kid participating to attend middle school sporting events. This is in line with the policy developed and approved for the high schools.
- Spectators will be asked to screen in at a designated table upon entering the facility. They will need to indicate which student on the team roster they are there to watch and provide their name and a phone number should contact tracing become necessary. The number will only be used in the event that contact tracing becomes necessary. Each school will be responsible for maintaining the screening sheets and have them available should they be requested.
- We ask that anyone who would answer “yes” to any of the following, please not attend our event:
- Do not have a persistent cough or are experiencing shortness of breath.
- For the past 72 hours have not had flu like symptoms: i.e. fever (temperature over 100.4 F), chills, body aches etc.
- Have not experienced a new loss of taste or smell.
- For the past 2 weeks have not been in close contact (direct contact, within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) of someone who is currently COVID positive, or currently waiting for COVID test results.
- Do not have a member of your household currently sick with a fever, new onset cough, shortness of breath, a loss of taste or small and/or any other flu-like symptoms
- Spectators need to have a face covering at all times and socially distance (6 feet) when not seated with family members. This is designed to protect all participants, coaches, spectators and officials. We ask that all spectators comply in the spirit of continuing our athletic programs uninterrupted.
- For basketball games, we ask that all spectators exit the facility once the game has ended. We also ask that spectators leaving the facility use a different exit than the one where the screening in is taking place to avoid contact with the group entering for the next contest.
- All expectations for athlete/spectator behavior remain as they always have. In the spirit of competition and sportsmanship we, as the event host, will show our opponents and officials the respect they deserve. I would hope that will be reciprocated when we are the visiting team.
- As a District and Athletic Department, we are cognizant of the frustration that some of our fans are feeling towards limiting the crowd size. We appreciate your patience and compliance with the established regulations that are allowing us to conduct fall athletics to the degree that we are able to.